Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Flipping the Recess Raglan

September Flip this Pattern




So Cici said that this year she wanted blouses this year for school. So I thought why not turn it in to a blouse. It ended up being much harder than I expected. Although it turned out well there are a few things I would have changed thought out better.

Here is how I flipped the pattern.
1. Cut the pattern off just below the chest. And added a 3/4" for the seam allowance.
2. on the right side of the pattern I added an 1 3/4" to create the button placket
3. Cut the bottom of the blouse from salvage to salvage and then the length for where I wanted the blouse to fall.
4. I drafted an open peter pan collar and a patch pocket to add to the blouse. 
5. I kept the sleeves the same but just hemmed them with a 1/4" hem.


Here is where things went a little askew. This was the first time that I was working with button holes. I did not think they were going to be too tough. However after the first few attempts of working with my machine. I decided that I never want to make a button hole again! I am not sure if it is my machine or my lack of experience. 

I love the recess raglan and can not wait to make it again it is going to be a prefect t for all 3 of the kiddos!

Here are few pictures of some of details. 




Flip This Pattern

3 comments:

  1. I love the asymmetrical look!! It turned out really sweet....and, yes, we too love the recess raglan and plan on making many more of them for the nieces in the upcoming years. Such a quick-sew {when it isn't being flipped :)}!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoy flipping the patterns. Looking forward to each month.

      Delete
  2. What a great take on the recess raglan! It is such a sweet looking top!

    ReplyDelete