Sunday, August 18, 2013

My Tinny Flips--- Flip Two


FLIP TWO

Big sister needed a back to school dress. She is going into second grade. So she was slightly sized out of the Tinny pattern in length. However the size 6 bodice worked perfectly. So I took the Tinny pattern and went to work. 



I knew that I wanted to keep most of the options that I love from the Tinny but make it an a-line style. I used the bodice and added width so that I could create the pleating in the center. I also lengthend the bodice to a full a-line dress. I used the open collar and the tulip sleeves. Both fabrics the lavender and the navy are Kona Cotton from fabric.com. 

At first I thought the length was a little too long. But I think that it turned out pretty well. And it gives her some room to grow.




I have one more Tinny flip up my sleeve but you are going to have to wait a little while until I reveal that one.

Flip This Pattern

5 comments:

  1. And another lovely - but simple dress! I've been thinking about how to do a pleated neckline like that for a while - but I guess it's just a case of cutting the bodice wide and then fiddling?
    This 'flipping' a Tinny thing can become addictive! Once you start thinking about the possibilities they seem endless! So many sewing ideas and not enough time.! I look forward to seeing your new versions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That is all I did for mine was add on to the bodice. If i would have thought it out more I probably should have done an exact measurement but oh well it worked out.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, I like this look! The pleated neckline is just gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you! I am loving the Flip this Pattern series. I am hoping to participate often.

      Delete
  3. The pleats inside the collar break are just too cute. They look great with the a-line.

    ReplyDelete