Sunday, August 18, 2013

My Tinny Flips--- Flip One

I decided that I was going to attempt Frances Suzanne's Flip this Pattern.  I had grand ideas that I was going to start with the first month E&E bubble shorts. But things come up and some how it did not happen. Not only did the first month go by the second came and went and I did nothing. So I was determined that this time around I was going to make sure that I completed the Flip.

I had two ideas in my head about how I wanted to flip it. Since both of my girls were in need of a new dress I decided to try each one out.

FLIP ONE

Basically all I did for this first flip was to remove the sleeves. So I removed the sleeves and lined the bodice. As for the other options I used the peter pan collar and the gathered skirt.






I love the mustard and grey combo. They grey dot fabric is from Joann's it is from the DS Quilt line and the Mustard is a Kona Cotton from fabric.com. I sewed up a size 2 for the wee one. I probably should have gone down a size it is a little big in the bodice. Oh well better too big than too small. And we can layer it over a t-shirt once it gets cold.









Flip This Pattern

10 comments:

  1. That is really beautiful! The fabrics and colours are so simple and understated but lovely. I adore the piping - I've got a piping obsession! I just 'flipped a tinny' too and of course, had to pipe the collar! Victoria
    as-it-seams.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victoria

      Thank you so much. I love piping so much I am feeling I need to put it on everything.
      I am going to go over and check out your blog. I already saw your flip and I love it.

      Kelly

      Delete
  2. Beautiful color combination!! And, piping is always a plus!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mustard and gray are winning combo! Your flip is very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a huge fan of grey these days and what better to pair it with than mustard? The polka dots are just perfect with this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabric! Grey and yellow combo is my all time favorite. Great job!

    ReplyDelete